We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Peking cabbage or petsai, salad or Chinese cabbage is a vegetable that came to us from China.
This type of cabbage is very juicy, tasty and is used to prepare a variety of dishes.
Is it helpful? In this article, we will take a closer look at Peking, we will analyze all the pros and cons of this vegetable and learn how to properly cook it, and most importantly, it is tasty and healthy to cook.
In fact, there are so many dishes that can be prepared from Peking cabbage: soups, salads, snacks, and even cutlets.
Contains fiber, macro- and microelements (magnesium, sodium, sulfur, fluorine, phosphorus, etc.), as well as lutein and beta-carotene. The content of folic and niacin in it increases its benefits for the human body. Chinese cabbage has a lot of water, and as a result, it is low in calories.
Peking cabbage is a very low-calorie product. 100 g of the product accounts for:
- fresh - 12 kcal;
- boiled (without salt) - 10 kcal;
- fried - 15 kcal.
Reference! We can say that this product has a negative calorie content, because the body will spend more energy on digestion than it takes.
Peking is very useful due to the content of a large amount of various vitamins (A, C, K, B1, B2, B4, B5, E). The peculiarity of this product is that during cooking under the influence of temperatures, it does not lose its useful properties, and vitamins are not destroyed. Fresh, boiled and fried cabbage contains almost the same amount of vitamins.
BJU (proteins, fats, carbohydrates)
100 g fresh vegetable contains:
- proteins - 1.1 (fresh), 1.6 (boiled without salt), 1.3 (fried);
- fats - 0.3 (fresh), 0.2 (boiled without salt), 1.5 (fried);
- carbohydrates - 1.2 (g), 1.8 (boiled), 5.5 (fried).
Harm to the body
By itself, it is not harmful, but it is better not to use it in large quantities for certain diseases:
- among women - with varicose veins, with thrombophlebitis and diseases of the pancreas;
- in men - with diseases of the liver, stomach, pancreas and intestines;
- in children - with diseases of the digestive system.
Benefit for health
Due to the content of a wide variety of vitamins, Chinese cabbage perfectly fights against vitamin deficiency, anemia, and also strengthens the immune system. It is able to cleanse our body of cholesterol by increasing metabolism... That is why it is used very widely and with benefit for weight loss.
If you include it in your diet several times a week, you can stabilize your weight. Due to the content of coarse fiber, Peking cabbage burns subcutaneous fat and reduces the amount of cholesterol in the blood. Peking cabbage is able to relieve headaches, it is not for nothing that in ancient times it was considered a panacea for all diseases.
Attention! If you regularly consume Chinese cabbage, you can strengthen the nervous system and heart, as well as make blood vessels more elastic.
Benefits of Chinese cabbage:
- for men - maintains the health of the prostate gland, prevents inflammation and diseases of the genitourinary system, adds male energy;
- for women - helps with depression, prevents aging, you can eat during pregnancy and lactation - when the baby reaches 3 months of age (about whether it is possible to breastfeed Peking cabbage and at what age it is introduced into complementary foods for children, read here) ;
- for children - strengthens bones and immunity, does not cause digestive problems such as flatulence and colic, and also helps the brain and nervous system, which is very useful for the body of children of any age.
Despite all the advantages, Peking cabbage has some contraindications. It is better not to use it for pancreatitis (in the exacerbation phase), and also limit its use when:
- increased acidity;
- problems with the digestive system - gastritis, colitis, bleeding (how to properly use Chinese cabbage for gastritis?).
Peking cabbage dishes are very satisfying, tender and incredibly healthy. Despite the fact that this vegetable has long appeared on the shelves of our stores, the demand for it is not so great. But this is not because it is inferior in its taste to other products, but because many people do not know what can be prepared from it, and most importantly how.
Petsay can be used for preparing first and second courses (soups, cutlets, cabbage rolls), for all kinds of snacks and salads, as well as canning and preparing for the winter. Can be eaten raw, as well as boiled, fried, steamed, stewed, and marinated. The pleasant taste of this juicy cabbage complements absolutely any dishes (you can see the recipes for cooking Chinese cabbage dishes here).
- Peking cabbage 400 g;
- chicken broth or water 1 liter;
- steamed rice 2 tablespoons;
- chenok 1 clove;
- turmeric 1 tsp;
- chili and salt (to taste).
- Bring water or broth to a boil, add rice, salt as you like and leave to cook.
- Preparing the cabbage. To do this, chop it and fry (stirring constantly) over low heat.
- Peel the garlic, chop and add to the cabbage along with the turmeric, fry for a few more minutes.
- Add cabbage to the broth along with hot pepper and leave to cook until tender.
- Peking 1 head of cabbage;
- processed cheese 200 g;
- maasdam cheese 150 g;
- sweet pepper 2 pcs (red and yellow);
- sour cream 3 tbsp;
- pitted olives;
- garlic 2 cloves.
- We grate the cheese, add chopped garlic and sour cream to it.
- Cut the peppers into small cubes, and the olives into slices.
- We combine everything and mix.
- Cut the cabbage in half lengthwise, and begin to carefully apply the filling with a thin layer inside each leaf, after which we connect the two halves together and wrap tightly with cling film.
- We leave the resulting "roll" in the refrigerator for several hours, cut into portions before serving.
Chinese vegetable and seafood salad
You will need:
- Beijing cabbage 250 g;
- crab meat 200 g;
- boiled shrimp 250 g;
- canned pineapples 200 g;
- salad dressing (sauce, mayonnaise or sour cream).
- The cabbage should be cut into strips, and the crab meat and pineapple should be cut into cubes.
- We clean the shrimp and also cut it (you can add it whole).
- Mix everything, add salt and pepper (to taste), season with sauce.
Cutlets for the second
It is necessary:
- Chinese cabbage 200 g;
- carrots 1 pc;
- onions 1 pc;
- raw potatoes 1 pc;
- minced chicken 300 g;
- egg 1 pc;
- spices to taste.
- Pour boiling water over the cabbage leaves, then cut into small pieces.
- Grate carrots and potatoes.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Fry vegetables in a pan, then mix them with minced chicken, add egg and spices.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- If the minced meat turned out to be very liquid, then add a little flour to it.
- We form cutlets with wet hands and put in a well-heated frying pan.
- Fry until tender.
Indications for eating
Given that Chinese cabbage has very useful properties, it should be consumed by everyone who has no contraindications to this. But most of all, it will benefit those who want to lose weight, as well as people with reduced immunity.
Important! Don't forget that everything is good in moderation. You should not eat large quantities of Chinese cabbage or eat only it.
We recommend that you additionally watch a video about the benefits and dangers of Chinese cabbage:
Peking cabbage is a healthy and tasty plant that is widely used in cooking, it is distinguished by a variety of colors and varieties. How to grow, choose, store Chinese cabbage and whether it can be given to pets - we told in our materials.
The peculiarity of Chinese cabbage is that it is of great benefit to the human body in any form. Many people prefer to consume it raw, but you can cook many dishes with it, some of which we have covered in this article. If you want to be healthy and beautiful, be sure to add petsay to your diet.