We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Garlic is a perennial plant in the onion family. It contains amino acids, essential oils, vitamins and minerals.
Since ancient times, garlic has been widely used in folk medicine and is used in the treatment of a wide range of diseases due to its medicinal properties. Today, garlic is increasingly used in the treatment of diabetes.
The article says whether you can or cannot eat garlic with type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus, what benefits and harm it brings and how to use it correctly. And also, an effective recipe for a garlic mixture is provided to combat this ailment.
Can diabetics eat the vegetable or not?
The basis of a diabetic's diet is made up of foods low in carbohydrates.... One head of garlic weighs approximately 15 to 50 grams, depending on size. The carbohydrate content per 100 grams of garlic is 29.9 grams, respectively, there are very few carbohydrates in one clove.
Garlic can be safely eaten with diabetes and used in your favorite dishes.
In what form and in what quantities is it allowed to eat with high blood sugar?
For diabetics, garlic can be used as a seasoning for various dishes.by adding a few chopped cloves to taste, or raw. Several recipes for eating raw garlic that are widespread among diabetic patients:
- Grind 1-2 cloves to a paste. Take in the morning. If the paste seems too hot, you can drink it with a glass of warm boiled water.
- A three-month course of garlic juice treatment. 10-15 drops of garlic juice should be taken daily for three months. The juice is mixed with milk and the mixture is drunk half an hour before meals.
- Garlic infused curdled milk. Chop 7 cloves of garlic, add to a glass (200g) with yogurt. Leave the infusion overnight. The next day, divide the infusion into 5-6 doses and drink it throughout the day.
- Wine tincture with garlic. Mix 1 liter of red wine with 100 gm of minced garlic. Close the container with the mixture and leave to infuse for two weeks. After the expiration of the period, the mixture is filtered. Take 15 minutes before meals.
- Garlic improves glucose tolerance, chemical compounds in garlic help slow down the breakdown of insulin, lower blood sugar levels.
- The plant also contains substances that neutralize fatty compounds, helping diabetic patients lose weight.
- The cardioprotective property of garlic protects the heart and blood vessels, prevents the development of atherosclerosis.
- Vitamin C.
- B vitamins.
- Lemon acid.
- Apple acid.
- 1 kg of lemons.
- 300g parsley.
- 300g garlic.
Besides natural garlic, you can buy tablets containing garlic extract and take daily, according to the instructions.
Benefit if you eat a vegetable for diabetics
With 1 type
People with type 1 diabetes are forced to inject long and short insulin daily. Typically, type 1 diabetes occurs during childhood or adolescence. The main danger of diabetes is complications that affect the cardiovascular system, eyes, and also the kidneys of the patient. With the manifestation of the disease in childhood and with poor control of blood glucose levels, the development of complications can begin by puberty.
In the composition of garlic there is allicin, which, in combination with other substances, has a positive effect on blood vessels, the digestive and immune systems of a person. Regular consumption of garlic helps to reduce blood pressure, strengthens blood vessels... During seasonal influenza epidemics, garlic helps prevent viral infection in type 1 diabetics who have a hard time catching colds due to spikes in blood sugar due to infection.
Unfortunately, not a single product, including garlic, can help lower blood glucose levels in type 1 diabetics, since the pancreas in this type completely stops producing its own insulin.
Adding garlic to your diet will help strengthen your body and make it more resistant to infections.
With type 2
In type 2 diabetes, your insulin is sufficient, and often its level exceeds the norm due to its poor absorption by cells. The main task in the treatment of type 2 diabetes is to normalize the patient's weight..
Diabetes is preceded by a condition called "prediabetes" - impaired glucose tolerance, in which fasting sugar is normal but blood glucose remains elevated two hours after eating. How garlic helps with type 2 diabetes:
As a completely natural product with a low glycemic index, garlic in moderation does not harm the body of a diabetic.
Is there a difference in the rules for eating garlic and onions in the patient's diet?
Onions are herbaceous perennials. The onion contains such useful substances as:
Chromium in onions has a positive effect on the cells of the body and their sensitivity to insulin, improving the absorption of sugar. Cysteine, a compound made of amino acids, lowers blood sugar... Iodine, which is abundant in onions, helps with thyroid problems. which often accompany a diabetic.
Onions and green onions are recommended for use in diabetics; there are no differences between the rules for taking garlic and onions.
Garlic mixture with parsley and lemon for healing
A special place among the recipes of traditional medicine is occupied by a mixture of garlic, parsley and lemon. In different dosages, such a mixture helps against edema, with liver problems., as well as for endocrinological disorders. Mix recipe:
- Cut the lemons in half, remove the seeds.
- Put lemons, parsley and peeled garlic in a meat grinder or blender.
- Stir, transfer to a suitable vessel and let it brew for two weeks in a dark place.
This infusion lowers blood sugar levels and is used as an adjunct to medicines prescribed by an endocrinologist.
Contraindications for use
Despite the fact that garlic is an all-herbal preparation, there are contraindications to its use:
- kidney disease (kidney stones) and gallstone disease;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis or stomach ulcer);
- cardiovascular diseases (coronary heart disease, atherosclerosis, chronic hypertension).
The use of garlic for people with such chronic diseases associated with diabetes is acceptable in minimal quantities.
Important! One or two cloves a day can be added to your favorite dish, treatment with raw garlic and the use of garlic infusions are prohibited.
Garlic is a good addition to diabetes therapy. This is not only an affordable, but also a very useful plant, which contains vitamins and substances that help lower blood glucose levels and keep them stable for a long time.
Further, an informative video about the use of garlic for diabetes mellitus: