We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Before planting any plants, the question always arises before the gardener, which species to choose and what are its pros and cons.
Many people want to plant radishes in the garden, but they get lost in the abundance of varieties. Therefore, this article describes the characteristics of the "Heat" radish variety so that gardeners learn more about it. The variety is quite unpretentious, ripens very quickly, shoots appear in a matter of days, and its incredible taste is difficult to confuse with other varieties of this vegetable.
Detailed characteristics and description of the variety
- Appearance... This radish variety has a round root shape with a diameter of about 3-3.5 cm.
The mass of each fruit is 25-30 g. The surface of the radish is red, crimson, and the flesh inside is white and dense. The taste is slightly tangy.
The sprouts have large, lush leaves of light green and pale green color.
This variety is remarkable in that it contains a large amount of vitamin C.
- Sowing time "Heat" is an early maturing and fruitful variety, so the most suitable time for sowing is late spring-early summer, but radishes can be planted before winter. For this quality, it is popular with gardeners.
- What is the yield from 1 hectare... With good care and processing, a crop weighing 25 tons can be obtained from 1 hectare.
- Where is it recommended to grow... The best places to grow this radish are in a greenhouse or outdoors. It is easy to look after him here, there are no special problems. In contrast, growing at home requires a lot of care from the grower because it is very difficult to provide the right temperature and conditions. Root crops can be deformed, become flabby, which, of course, will affect the final impression.
- Disease resistance... "Heat" is a variety of delicious, resistant to flowering and various diseases, radish with a high yield. Therefore, he is very loved by both beginners and experienced gardeners.
- Ripening period... One of the main advantages of "Heat" is its quick ripening period. It is only 18 days! It can be sown almost every 20 days and yields delicious fruits. You just need to change the beds every time and make sure that related species do not grow in the ground before.
Turnips, daikon, turnips, or cabbage are bad neighbors for radishes. The soil in which these vegetables grew can infect a new "tenant" with common diseases and pests.
- What types of soil does it prefer... The best precursors for planting radishes are tomatoes, cucumbers, beans and potatoes. It is better to use the earth neutral or slightly acidic, it should be light and loose. You can add humus, ash to it, or pour it with ammonium nitrate, mullein for better growth.
This variety was grown by gardeners of the Vitenskaya Experimental Station of Horticulture and Vegetable Growing named after I.V. Michurin of the Lithuanian Research Institute of Agriculture from a sample from Estonia. It was entered into the Russian state register in 1956, and in 1965 it was zoned.
Difference from other types of radishes
Compared to other types of radish, "Heat" is a rather small variety, but its undoubted advantage can be called a very fast ripening. All types of radish vary in shape and size, including "Heat".
He has a bright crimson-red color and a roundish shape, and the rest of the varieties differ in color (from yellow to black) and shape (from small round root crops to long and large specimens).
Here you can see a photo of this type of root crop.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Radish ripens very quickly and makes it possible to harvest several times, albeit from different beds.
- Has a peculiar taste.
- The "heat" only needs to be loosened and watered on time, otherwise it does not need serious care.
- This variety is resistant to many diseases, shooting, sudden changes in temperature and the formation of voids in roots.
- It is known for its high content of vitamin C, which makes root vegetables not only tasty, but also healthy.
- Radish has a beautiful shape and bright color.
- This variety does not tolerate late frosts quite well.
- In view of early ripening, already harvested radish cannot be kept longer than 2.5-3 weeks, which makes it difficult to store it.
In addition to the obvious use in food, due to the large harvest, easy care and taste, many gardeners grow "Heat" and sell it to stores or sell it in person.
Planting and leaving
You can sow radish "Heat" from April to August, which allows you to grow more volume of the product.
- You need to choose a lighted place on non-acidic soil for favorable growth.
- Plant one seed for every 2-3 cm of soil to a depth of 1.5-2 cm. At an optimum temperature of + 16 ° C, the first shoots will appear in a week.
- After that, the radishes should be watered so that the land is moist, but not swampy.
- Periodically loosen the aisles, not allowing a crust to appear at the top of the soil.
When grown, root crops can stick out of the ground, which is the norm.
We offer you to watch a video on how to plant Radish Heat:
Harvesting and storage
The first vegetables can be harvested as early as 17-20 days after sprouting... The crop must be sorted and dried, and then sold or eaten. At room temperature, radishes are stored for no more than 3 days, in a refrigerator or cellar - for a couple of weeks.
This variety is not intended for freezing.
Diseases and pests
- The main pest is a bug called the cruciferous (earthen) flea. Most cruciferous plants are his delicacy.
The presence of a beetle can be identified by small and large holes in the leaves of the plant, and if a flea attacked young shoots, the crop may die completely.
- Caterpillars of white butterflies also cause harm. You can get rid of them with the help of folk remedies that do not harm a person with the subsequent eating of radishes.
- The disease under the short name keela manifests itself in the form of tubercles and growths on the bark of the root crop, yellowing and withering leaves. This disease is caused by a fungus, and is treated by watering the bushes with lime milk.
- One of the diseases has the unpleasant name "Black Leg". It is characterized by the appearance of spots on the stem and yellowing, curling of the leaves into a tube.
Of course, this is not the whole list of problems that a gardener who decides to grow "Heat" may face. There are also such diseases as, for example, gray rot, fusarium, powdery mildew, etc.
Prevention of various problems
For, so that the plant does not become infected with diseases or does not suffer damage from pests, it is worth following the rules of crop rotation... However, sometimes this does not give the desired result.
If the radish bushes are already affected, it is worth treating them with insecticides, or, at the request of the gardener, folk remedies.
Crop rotation is called a sequential change of crops in a certain area. I.e you can not grow radishes every year in the same place... This reduces the fertility of the soil, and, as a result, the harvest.
Similar types of radishes
Dubel, Zhara and Presto are extremely similar due to roughly the same ripening times, small size and spicy flavor. You can confuse them with the "Ilka" species, but this variety does not belong to early maturing, but to mid-season species.
One of the best varieties of radish for growing is precisely "Heat". Its range of applications is very wide, from selling to eating and making delicious dishes. Any gardener should try to grow this species, and then enjoy delicious and crispy root vegetables.